Biography – Richard Fawdry, Managing Director – BOOST Life Skills
- Richard has worked in the retail sector for over 25 years. Richard is an experienced Director who recognised the need for a solid foundation of basic and advanced soft skills to underpin the more technical workflow within any role – this philosophy can be applied to working in any sector.
- Since his first employment at M&S in the 1990s where the provision of soft skills training was exemplary, to the recognition that Richard has always maintained throughout his career of the benefit of training to personal development and growth for an individual, no matter where they are on their journey.
- Richard has led, managed, appraised, interviewed, coached and mentored hundreds of entry-level, junior and senior colleagues over 25 years.
- Richard was responsible for the Tesco Central Europe training and development team for General Merchandise and was voted Tesco ‘Manager of the Year’ 2014 across all head office functions by the Tesco leadership team for being a role model and inspiring great performance in his teams.
- Richard’s most recent role within retail was as interim Managing Director of Pep&Co, leading the entire business through a reorganisation where naturally he placed a huge emphasis on the welfare and development of his people.
- Richard is married with 2 children and has lived in Amersham, Bucks for 20 years.