- A stable career programme
- Learning from career and labour market information (LMI)
- Addressing the needs of every student
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experience of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
Most schools are still working towards these requirements and have a comprehensive programme of careers education, advice and guidance which is combined with academic studies.
However, the reality of school budgets, the intense academic programme, the lack of resources and also of hours available every day, means the schools, academies and colleges can only deliver so much towards these benchmarks.
BOOST supports the drive to deliver benchmark no.5 and no.6